Nov 10, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid may not be ready to go on Monday night when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports McQuaid missed practice on Sunday and is doubtful to play because of a lower-body injury. He went down to the ice untouched on Saturday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs with what appeared to be a leg injury and did not return.
Matt Bartkowski would take McQuaid’s spot in the lineup if he can’t play. Bartkowski has appeared in four games this season notching one assist and a minus-3 rating. According to Haggerty, he was paired up with Torey Krug at today’s practice.
Injuries were a problem for McQuaid last season as he missed 16 games due to a hit from Winnipeg’s Eric Tangradi. McQuaid was a Masterton Trophy finalist last season after overcoming a dangerous blood clot problem that could’ve ended his career.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)