Nov 10, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid may not be ready to go on Monday night when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports McQuaid missed practice on Sunday and is doubtful to play because of a lower-body injury. He went down to the ice untouched on Saturday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs with what appeared to be a leg injury and did not return.
Matt Bartkowski would take McQuaid’s spot in the lineup if he can’t play. Bartkowski has appeared in four games this season notching one assist and a minus-3 rating. According to Haggerty, he was paired up with Torey Krug at today’s practice.
Injuries were a problem for McQuaid last season as he missed 16 games due to a hit from Winnipeg’s Eric Tangradi. McQuaid was a Masterton Trophy finalist last season after overcoming a dangerous blood clot problem that could’ve ended his career.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)