Nov 10, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid may not be ready to go on Monday night when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports McQuaid missed practice on Sunday and is doubtful to play because of a lower-body injury. He went down to the ice untouched on Saturday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs with what appeared to be a leg injury and did not return.
Matt Bartkowski would take McQuaid’s spot in the lineup if he can’t play. Bartkowski has appeared in four games this season notching one assist and a minus-3 rating. According to Haggerty, he was paired up with Torey Krug at today’s practice.
Injuries were a problem for McQuaid last season as he missed 16 games due to a hit from Winnipeg’s Eric Tangradi. McQuaid was a Masterton Trophy finalist last season after overcoming a dangerous blood clot problem that could’ve ended his career.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2