Nov 10, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid may not be ready to go on Monday night when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports McQuaid missed practice on Sunday and is doubtful to play because of a lower-body injury. He went down to the ice untouched on Saturday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs with what appeared to be a leg injury and did not return.
Matt Bartkowski would take McQuaid’s spot in the lineup if he can’t play. Bartkowski has appeared in four games this season notching one assist and a minus-3 rating. According to Haggerty, he was paired up with Torey Krug at today’s practice.
Injuries were a problem for McQuaid last season as he missed 16 games due to a hit from Winnipeg’s Eric Tangradi. McQuaid was a Masterton Trophy finalist last season after overcoming a dangerous blood clot problem that could’ve ended his career.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)