Nov 10, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid may not be ready to go on Monday night when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports McQuaid missed practice on Sunday and is doubtful to play because of a lower-body injury. He went down to the ice untouched on Saturday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs with what appeared to be a leg injury and did not return.
Matt Bartkowski would take McQuaid’s spot in the lineup if he can’t play. Bartkowski has appeared in four games this season notching one assist and a minus-3 rating. According to Haggerty, he was paired up with Torey Krug at today’s practice.
Injuries were a problem for McQuaid last season as he missed 16 games due to a hit from Winnipeg’s Eric Tangradi. McQuaid was a Masterton Trophy finalist last season after overcoming a dangerous blood clot problem that could’ve ended his career.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 55
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)