Nov 10, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Attribute it to the comforts of home or any number of factors, but the New York Rangers are turning things around. The Florida Panthers are … not.
The Rangers won their third game in a row and have carried over generally good work since they beat the Detroit Red Wings to end their dreadful nine-game road trip with a 3-2 OT win on Oct. 26. Since then, they’ve won seven of their last nine games.
The way things are going, Panthers head coach Peter Horachek might need to wait a while for his first win with Florida. The team is now on a nine-game losing streak (0-5-4) with the only solace being one of two choices: a) four charity points or b) better chances at grabbing (another) top prospect.
Going forward, the Rangers face a schedule that remains remarkably imbalanced. Just looking ahead to later this month, they face a five-game road trip. They can’t complain too much, though, as they’ll enjoy an eight-game homestand from Dec. 7-23.
May 22, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
Almost always a good way to go.
May 22, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
May 22, 2015, 1:30 AM EDT
Ducks trying to make life miserable for Chicago’s goalie.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Game 4 goes Saturday in Chicago.
May 22, 2015, 12:12 AM EDT
So, what will the coach do for Game 4?
May 21, 2015, 11:17 PM EDT
Chicago’s power play came up empty.
May 21, 2015, 10:36 PM EDT
Talk about timing.
May 21, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Quite a sequence.
May 21, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
‘Showtime’ strikes late in the period.
May 21, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
Coach Q, shaking it up.
May 21, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Pittsburgh GM won’t stand in the way.
May 21, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Hit knocked the veteran d-man out of Game 3.
May 21, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
“To have a guy of his ilk, considered one of the best coaches in the National Hockey League, taking a real good hard look at us in Buffalo after a 30th-place finish — I thought the process was great.”
May 21, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT
Two-way contract for Karpat’s playoff scoring sensation.
May 21, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
A wide range of topics.
May 21, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
“It’s something that we’re working on everyday. We’re trying to do it behind closed doors and away from public scrutiny.”
May 21, 2015, 4:02 PM EDT
“Word choice matters, even when attempting to be humorous.”
May 21, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
Recently represented the United States at the worlds.
May 21, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
As many as six new head coaches could still be named.
May 21, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Coaches be getting paid.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)