Nov 10, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Jacob Josefson will return to the New Jersey Devils lineup for Sunday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Josefson will play in place of forward Stephen Gionta due to a sore ankle. Gionta was hurt when his ankle rolled as he went into the boards from a check by Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf on Friday night. He was helped off the ice that game but returned to action.
Josefson has played in four games this season with no points. Gionta had been playing on the Devils fourth line with Ryan Carter and Cam Janssen. Josefson will now slot in between those two.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 2
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 8
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)