Nov 10, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Jacob Josefson will return to the New Jersey Devils lineup for Sunday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Josefson will play in place of forward Stephen Gionta due to a sore ankle. Gionta was hurt when his ankle rolled as he went into the boards from a check by Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf on Friday night. He was helped off the ice that game but returned to action.
Josefson has played in four games this season with no points. Gionta had been playing on the Devils fourth line with Ryan Carter and Cam Janssen. Josefson will now slot in between those two.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)