Nov 10, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Jacob Josefson will return to the New Jersey Devils lineup for Sunday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Josefson will play in place of forward Stephen Gionta due to a sore ankle. Gionta was hurt when his ankle rolled as he went into the boards from a check by Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf on Friday night. He was helped off the ice that game but returned to action.
Josefson has played in four games this season with no points. Gionta had been playing on the Devils fourth line with Ryan Carter and Cam Janssen. Josefson will now slot in between those two.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 15
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 11
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 26
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 56
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)