Nov 10, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Jacob Josefson will return to the New Jersey Devils lineup for Sunday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Josefson will play in place of forward Stephen Gionta due to a sore ankle. Gionta was hurt when his ankle rolled as he went into the boards from a check by Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf on Friday night. He was helped off the ice that game but returned to action.
Josefson has played in four games this season with no points. Gionta had been playing on the Devils fourth line with Ryan Carter and Cam Janssen. Josefson will now slot in between those two.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)