Nov 10, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Jacob Josefson will return to the New Jersey Devils lineup for Sunday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Josefson will play in place of forward Stephen Gionta due to a sore ankle. Gionta was hurt when his ankle rolled as he went into the boards from a check by Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf on Friday night. He was helped off the ice that game but returned to action.
Josefson has played in four games this season with no points. Gionta had been playing on the Devils fourth line with Ryan Carter and Cam Janssen. Josefson will now slot in between those two.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5