Nov 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf won’t be able to build off of the momentum stemming from generating the first hat trick of his NHL career, as the Anaheim Ducks announced that he’s sitting out Sunday’s game with an upper-body injury.
The Ducks consider him day-to-day.
It’s unclear how Getzlaf was injured. He only logged 14:10 of ice time against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, but one could argue that had as much to do with the blowout nature of that game, too. PHT will fill in more details if they become available.
The Ducks are about to go on a four-game road trip through the East starting with Florida on Tuesday.
Getzlaf has had a fantastic start to the 2013-14 season, scoring 22 points in 18 games, including six in his last two. The power forward is making a strong argument for inclusion on Team Canada, at least if he can stay healthy and productive.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)