Nov 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf won’t be able to build off of the momentum stemming from generating the first hat trick of his NHL career, as the Anaheim Ducks announced that he’s sitting out Sunday’s game with an upper-body injury.
The Ducks consider him day-to-day.
It’s unclear how Getzlaf was injured. He only logged 14:10 of ice time against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, but one could argue that had as much to do with the blowout nature of that game, too. PHT will fill in more details if they become available.
The Ducks are about to go on a four-game road trip through the East starting with Florida on Tuesday.
Getzlaf has had a fantastic start to the 2013-14 season, scoring 22 points in 18 games, including six in his last two. The power forward is making a strong argument for inclusion on Team Canada, at least if he can stay healthy and productive.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)