Nov 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf won’t be able to build off of the momentum stemming from generating the first hat trick of his NHL career, as the Anaheim Ducks announced that he’s sitting out Sunday’s game with an upper-body injury.
The Ducks consider him day-to-day.
It’s unclear how Getzlaf was injured. He only logged 14:10 of ice time against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, but one could argue that had as much to do with the blowout nature of that game, too. PHT will fill in more details if they become available.
The Ducks are about to go on a four-game road trip through the East starting with Florida on Tuesday.
Getzlaf has had a fantastic start to the 2013-14 season, scoring 22 points in 18 games, including six in his last two. The power forward is making a strong argument for inclusion on Team Canada, at least if he can stay healthy and productive.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 6
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)