Nov 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf won’t be able to build off of the momentum stemming from generating the first hat trick of his NHL career, as the Anaheim Ducks announced that he’s sitting out Sunday’s game with an upper-body injury.
The Ducks consider him day-to-day.
It’s unclear how Getzlaf was injured. He only logged 14:10 of ice time against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, but one could argue that had as much to do with the blowout nature of that game, too. PHT will fill in more details if they become available.
The Ducks are about to go on a four-game road trip through the East starting with Florida on Tuesday.
Getzlaf has had a fantastic start to the 2013-14 season, scoring 22 points in 18 games, including six in his last two. The power forward is making a strong argument for inclusion on Team Canada, at least if he can stay healthy and productive.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 17
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)