Nov 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf won’t be able to build off of the momentum stemming from generating the first hat trick of his NHL career, as the Anaheim Ducks announced that he’s sitting out Sunday’s game with an upper-body injury.
The Ducks consider him day-to-day.
It’s unclear how Getzlaf was injured. He only logged 14:10 of ice time against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, but one could argue that had as much to do with the blowout nature of that game, too. PHT will fill in more details if they become available.
The Ducks are about to go on a four-game road trip through the East starting with Florida on Tuesday.
Getzlaf has had a fantastic start to the 2013-14 season, scoring 22 points in 18 games, including six in his last two. The power forward is making a strong argument for inclusion on Team Canada, at least if he can stay healthy and productive.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)