Nov 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames released a statement via GM Jay Feaster (pictured) regarding the charges 2012 fourth-rounder Brett Kulak faces:
“We were just made aware that Brett has been charged with assault and uttering threats as the result of an incident this past August in Delta, BC. We have discussed the matter with Brett and are continuing to acquire additional information.
“While we don’t condone the behavior associated with these charges, the Calgary Flames organization continues to support Brett as he moves through the legal process and we learn more about the incident.”
“As the matter is before the courts in BC, we are limited in the information we can publicly discuss and are unable to comment any further on the incident at this time.”
PHT noted on Saturday the charges Kulak, 19 and WHL teammate/Edmonton Oilers prospect Jackson Houck, 18, face are from an August incident.
Kulak’s next court appearance is expected to be on Nov. 20.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)