Nov 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EST
The Calgary Flames released a statement via GM Jay Feaster (pictured) regarding the charges 2012 fourth-rounder Brett Kulak faces:
“We were just made aware that Brett has been charged with assault and uttering threats as the result of an incident this past August in Delta, BC. We have discussed the matter with Brett and are continuing to acquire additional information.
“While we don’t condone the behavior associated with these charges, the Calgary Flames organization continues to support Brett as he moves through the legal process and we learn more about the incident.”
“As the matter is before the courts in BC, we are limited in the information we can publicly discuss and are unable to comment any further on the incident at this time.”
PHT noted on Saturday the charges Kulak, 19 and WHL teammate/Edmonton Oilers prospect Jackson Houck, 18, face are from an August incident.
Kulak’s next court appearance is expected to be on Nov. 20.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)