Nov 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EST
The Calgary Flames released a statement via GM Jay Feaster (pictured) regarding the charges 2012 fourth-rounder Brett Kulak faces:
“We were just made aware that Brett has been charged with assault and uttering threats as the result of an incident this past August in Delta, BC. We have discussed the matter with Brett and are continuing to acquire additional information.
“While we don’t condone the behavior associated with these charges, the Calgary Flames organization continues to support Brett as he moves through the legal process and we learn more about the incident.”
“As the matter is before the courts in BC, we are limited in the information we can publicly discuss and are unable to comment any further on the incident at this time.”
PHT noted on Saturday the charges Kulak, 19 and WHL teammate/Edmonton Oilers prospect Jackson Houck, 18, face are from an August incident.
Kulak’s next court appearance is expected to be on Nov. 20.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8