Nov 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames released a statement via GM Jay Feaster (pictured) regarding the charges 2012 fourth-rounder Brett Kulak faces:
“We were just made aware that Brett has been charged with assault and uttering threats as the result of an incident this past August in Delta, BC. We have discussed the matter with Brett and are continuing to acquire additional information.
“While we don’t condone the behavior associated with these charges, the Calgary Flames organization continues to support Brett as he moves through the legal process and we learn more about the incident.”
“As the matter is before the courts in BC, we are limited in the information we can publicly discuss and are unable to comment any further on the incident at this time.”
PHT noted on Saturday the charges Kulak, 19 and WHL teammate/Edmonton Oilers prospect Jackson Houck, 18, face are from an August incident.
Kulak’s next court appearance is expected to be on Nov. 20.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)