Nov 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames released a statement via GM Jay Feaster (pictured) regarding the charges 2012 fourth-rounder Brett Kulak faces:
“We were just made aware that Brett has been charged with assault and uttering threats as the result of an incident this past August in Delta, BC. We have discussed the matter with Brett and are continuing to acquire additional information.
“While we don’t condone the behavior associated with these charges, the Calgary Flames organization continues to support Brett as he moves through the legal process and we learn more about the incident.”
“As the matter is before the courts in BC, we are limited in the information we can publicly discuss and are unable to comment any further on the incident at this time.”
PHT noted on Saturday the charges Kulak, 19 and WHL teammate/Edmonton Oilers prospect Jackson Houck, 18, face are from an August incident.
Kulak’s next court appearance is expected to be on Nov. 20.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)