Nov 10, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
If nothing else, the Nashville Predators don’t need to look far to see a team that bounced back from back-to-back shutouts in a rough weekend.
The New Jersey Devils suffered that fate just a week ago, and now they were the ones doing the dominating, topping the Predators 5-0 on Sunday. Nashville lost to the Winnipeg Jets by that same 5-0 score on Friday, too.
Predators fans can split hairs, but to some, Sunday’s loss might be a little more bitter. The Devils beat the Predators at their own game, limiting them to just 15 shots on goal while Jaromir Jagr made some history.
It’s unfair to lay all the blame on Carter Hutton, especially since Nashville’s been held without a goal the past two contests. Still, it’s tough to look away from eight goals allowed on 31 shots over the last two games, with Friday’s work only lasting about eight and a half minutes.
With Pekka Rinne still weeks – if not a couple months – away, it’s tough to find a bright side for Nashville … except, maybe, that the same could have probably been said about the Predators’ opponents on Sunday just a week ago.
(Unless that just makes things even worse …)
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)