Nov 10, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
If nothing else, the Nashville Predators don’t need to look far to see a team that bounced back from back-to-back shutouts in a rough weekend.
The New Jersey Devils suffered that fate just a week ago, and now they were the ones doing the dominating, topping the Predators 5-0 on Sunday. Nashville lost to the Winnipeg Jets by that same 5-0 score on Friday, too.
Predators fans can split hairs, but to some, Sunday’s loss might be a little more bitter. The Devils beat the Predators at their own game, limiting them to just 15 shots on goal while Jaromir Jagr made some history.
It’s unfair to lay all the blame on Carter Hutton, especially since Nashville’s been held without a goal the past two contests. Still, it’s tough to look away from eight goals allowed on 31 shots over the last two games, with Friday’s work only lasting about eight and a half minutes.
With Pekka Rinne still weeks – if not a couple months – away, it’s tough to find a bright side for Nashville … except, maybe, that the same could have probably been said about the Predators’ opponents on Sunday just a week ago.
(Unless that just makes things even worse …)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (83)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)