Nov 10, 2013, 9:42 PM EST
If nothing else, the Nashville Predators don’t need to look far to see a team that bounced back from back-to-back shutouts in a rough weekend.
The New Jersey Devils suffered that fate just a week ago, and now they were the ones doing the dominating, topping the Predators 5-0 on Sunday. Nashville lost to the Winnipeg Jets by that same 5-0 score on Friday, too.
Predators fans can split hairs, but to some, Sunday’s loss might be a little more bitter. The Devils beat the Predators at their own game, limiting them to just 15 shots on goal while Jaromir Jagr made some history.
It’s unfair to lay all the blame on Carter Hutton, especially since Nashville’s been held without a goal the past two contests. Still, it’s tough to look away from eight goals allowed on 31 shots over the last two games, with Friday’s work only lasting about eight and a half minutes.
With Pekka Rinne still weeks – if not a couple months – away, it’s tough to find a bright side for Nashville … except, maybe, that the same could have probably been said about the Predators’ opponents on Sunday just a week ago.
(Unless that just makes things even worse …)
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 22
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 67
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)