Nov 10, 2013, 9:42 PM EST
If nothing else, the Nashville Predators don’t need to look far to see a team that bounced back from back-to-back shutouts in a rough weekend.
The New Jersey Devils suffered that fate just a week ago, and now they were the ones doing the dominating, topping the Predators 5-0 on Sunday. Nashville lost to the Winnipeg Jets by that same 5-0 score on Friday, too.
Predators fans can split hairs, but to some, Sunday’s loss might be a little more bitter. The Devils beat the Predators at their own game, limiting them to just 15 shots on goal while Jaromir Jagr made some history.
It’s unfair to lay all the blame on Carter Hutton, especially since Nashville’s been held without a goal the past two contests. Still, it’s tough to look away from eight goals allowed on 31 shots over the last two games, with Friday’s work only lasting about eight and a half minutes.
With Pekka Rinne still weeks – if not a couple months – away, it’s tough to find a bright side for Nashville … except, maybe, that the same could have probably been said about the Predators’ opponents on Sunday just a week ago.
(Unless that just makes things even worse …)
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)