Nov 10, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
If nothing else, the Nashville Predators don’t need to look far to see a team that bounced back from back-to-back shutouts in a rough weekend.
The New Jersey Devils suffered that fate just a week ago, and now they were the ones doing the dominating, topping the Predators 5-0 on Sunday. Nashville lost to the Winnipeg Jets by that same 5-0 score on Friday, too.
Predators fans can split hairs, but to some, Sunday’s loss might be a little more bitter. The Devils beat the Predators at their own game, limiting them to just 15 shots on goal while Jaromir Jagr made some history.
It’s unfair to lay all the blame on Carter Hutton, especially since Nashville’s been held without a goal the past two contests. Still, it’s tough to look away from eight goals allowed on 31 shots over the last two games, with Friday’s work only lasting about eight and a half minutes.
With Pekka Rinne still weeks – if not a couple months – away, it’s tough to find a bright side for Nashville … except, maybe, that the same could have probably been said about the Predators’ opponents on Sunday just a week ago.
(Unless that just makes things even worse …)
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)