Nov 10, 2013, 1:14 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov’s return to the NHL will start first in the AHL with the Oklahoma City Barons before heading to Edmonton to join the Oilers, but his mind is still on what happened in Philadelphia.
Terry Jones of the Edmonton Sun spoke with Bryzgalov to find out why he signed there and what his motivation is. He also spoke about his tumultuous time with the Flyers.
“You do more learning from the tough times you’ve been through. When times are difficult it forces you to think and do things you’ve never done. I learned a lot from these two years in Philly.”
So what happened in Philadelphia?
“I just can tell you when the time right. I will write the book. You can read it then.”
He’s likely joking around, but I think we’d all put a pre-order down for this book right now. Who wouldn’t want to read A Spaceman in Philadelphia: The Ilya Bryzgalov Story?
Bryzgalov says he’ll need a week in Oklahoma City to get in shape and to face shots to prepare for his return to the NHL. He says he’ll need a couple of games to be ready. For a guy that’s had plenty of time off since being bought out by the Flyers this summer, that’s a quick turnaround time.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)