Nov 9, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
The finish wasn’t bad. The set-up was spectacular.
Jordan Nolan opened up the scoring for the L.A. Kings against the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night, but it was the dangle and pass from Linden Vey that will get this goal on the highlight reels.
Vey picked up a loose puck at the L.A. blue line, after Canucks defenseman Dan Hamhuis coughed it up, then sped down the right side, going outside-in with a sweet move on Brad Richardson, before finding Nolan in the slot.
Nolan beat Roberto Luongo with the shot, giving L.A. a 1-0 lead. Tonight is Vey’s second career NHL games.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)