Nov 9, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
The finish wasn’t bad. The set-up was spectacular.
Jordan Nolan opened up the scoring for the L.A. Kings against the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night, but it was the dangle and pass from Linden Vey that will get this goal on the highlight reels.
Vey picked up a loose puck at the L.A. blue line, after Canucks defenseman Dan Hamhuis coughed it up, then sped down the right side, going outside-in with a sweet move on Brad Richardson, before finding Nolan in the slot.
Nolan beat Roberto Luongo with the shot, giving L.A. a 1-0 lead. Tonight is Vey’s second career NHL games.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54