Nov 9, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
The finish wasn’t bad. The set-up was spectacular.
Jordan Nolan opened up the scoring for the L.A. Kings against the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night, but it was the dangle and pass from Linden Vey that will get this goal on the highlight reels.
Vey picked up a loose puck at the L.A. blue line, after Canucks defenseman Dan Hamhuis coughed it up, then sped down the right side, going outside-in with a sweet move on Brad Richardson, before finding Nolan in the slot.
Nolan beat Roberto Luongo with the shot, giving L.A. a 1-0 lead. Tonight is Vey’s second career NHL games.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 0
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 6
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25