Nov 9, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
The finish wasn’t bad. The set-up was spectacular.
Jordan Nolan opened up the scoring for the L.A. Kings against the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night, but it was the dangle and pass from Linden Vey that will get this goal on the highlight reels.
Vey picked up a loose puck at the L.A. blue line, after Canucks defenseman Dan Hamhuis coughed it up, then sped down the right side, going outside-in with a sweet move on Brad Richardson, before finding Nolan in the slot.
Nolan beat Roberto Luongo with the shot, giving L.A. a 1-0 lead. Tonight is Vey’s second career NHL games.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)