Nov 9, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Steven Stamkos has the hot stick right now.
The Tampa Bay Lightning sniper scored his 14th goal of the season in the second period of Saturday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings. And what a beauty it was.
Stamkos fired a laser of a wrist shot over the left shoulder of Wings’ goalie Jimmy Howard and top corner, giving the Lightning a 2-1 lead at the time.
That also seven goals in the last six games for Stamkos.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14