Nov 9, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos has the hot stick right now.
The Tampa Bay Lightning sniper scored his 14th goal of the season in the second period of Saturday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings. And what a beauty it was.
Stamkos fired a laser of a wrist shot over the left shoulder of Wings’ goalie Jimmy Howard and top corner, giving the Lightning a 2-1 lead at the time.
That also seven goals in the last six games for Stamkos.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 17
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)