Nov 9, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Steven Stamkos has the hot stick right now.
The Tampa Bay Lightning sniper scored his 14th goal of the season in the second period of Saturday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings. And what a beauty it was.
Stamkos fired a laser of a wrist shot over the left shoulder of Wings’ goalie Jimmy Howard and top corner, giving the Lightning a 2-1 lead at the time.
That also seven goals in the last six games for Stamkos.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35