Nov 9, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
It took 16 games, but Claude Giroux finally has a goal.
At 11:26 of the third period with the Philadelphia Flyers leading 2-1 against the Edmonton Oilers, Giroux snapped a shot by Devan Dubnyk as the teams were skating 4-on-4. Jakub Voracek bumped a pass over to Giroux who blew into the Oilers zone to wrist one to the back of the net to make it 3-1.
To make things a little sweeter, the goal proved to be the game-winner as Taylor Hall scored nearly two minutes later to cut the lead to 3-2. Vincent Lecavalier scored just over three minutes later to give the Flyers a 4-2 win.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)