Nov 9, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
It took 16 games, but Claude Giroux finally has a goal.
At 11:26 of the third period with the Philadelphia Flyers leading 2-1 against the Edmonton Oilers, Giroux snapped a shot by Devan Dubnyk as the teams were skating 4-on-4. Jakub Voracek bumped a pass over to Giroux who blew into the Oilers zone to wrist one to the back of the net to make it 3-1.
To make things a little sweeter, the goal proved to be the game-winner as Taylor Hall scored nearly two minutes later to cut the lead to 3-2. Vincent Lecavalier scored just over three minutes later to give the Flyers a 4-2 win.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 29
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)