Nov 9, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
In the second bout of the night in Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Toronto Maple Leafs, a couple of high-priced forwards decided to drop the gloves.
It was a good fight, with both landing some shots, although one can’t help but think of the money they’re making with their respective contracts.
Iginla, according to Capgeek.com, is in a one-year deal worth $6 million with the Bruins. Clarkson is in the first year of a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs. They have combined for only three goals this season.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 0
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 24
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 39
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 30
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41