Nov 9, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
In the second bout of the night in Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Toronto Maple Leafs, a couple of high-priced forwards decided to drop the gloves.
It was a good fight, with both landing some shots, although one can’t help but think of the money they’re making with their respective contracts.
Iginla, according to Capgeek.com, is in a one-year deal worth $6 million with the Bruins. Clarkson is in the first year of a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs. They have combined for only three goals this season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5