Nov 9, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
In the second bout of the night in Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Toronto Maple Leafs, a couple of high-priced forwards decided to drop the gloves.
It was a good fight, with both landing some shots, although one can’t help but think of the money they’re making with their respective contracts.
Iginla, according to Capgeek.com, is in a one-year deal worth $6 million with the Bruins. Clarkson is in the first year of a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs. They have combined for only three goals this season.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)