Nov 9, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
In the second bout of the night in Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Toronto Maple Leafs, a couple of high-priced forwards decided to drop the gloves.
It was a good fight, with both landing some shots, although one can’t help but think of the money they’re making with their respective contracts.
Iginla, according to Capgeek.com, is in a one-year deal worth $6 million with the Bruins. Clarkson is in the first year of a seven-year, $36.75 million deal with the Leafs. They have combined for only three goals this season.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 0
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 7
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6