Nov 9, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
There were several low points for the Buffalo Sabres on Friday.
They were soundly beaten by the Anaheim Ducks, in a game goalie Ryan Miller called “a disaster,” and the line of Matt Moulson, Cody Hodgson and Tyler Ennis was benched for the entire third period, and even a few minutes in the second as well.
Moulson, who the Sabres recently acquired from the New York Islanders in exchange for Thomas Vanek, wasn’t happy with being parked for almost the entire second half of the game.
“It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been in my career,” Moulson told the Buffalo News.
However, Moulson was still at a loss for why, exactly, he and his linemates were benched.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston following his team’s 6-2 loss to the Ducks.
Moulson scored twice in his first game with the Sabres, back on Oct. 28. He has yet to find the back of the net since then, recording four assists in his last five games.
On Friday, the trio of Moulson, Ennis and Hodgson combined for just one shot on goal in 10 shifts and almost 11 minutes of ice time prior to getting sat.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)