Nov 9, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
There were several low points for the Buffalo Sabres on Friday.
They were soundly beaten by the Anaheim Ducks, in a game goalie Ryan Miller called “a disaster,” and the line of Matt Moulson, Cody Hodgson and Tyler Ennis was benched for the entire third period, and even a few minutes in the second as well.
Moulson, who the Sabres recently acquired from the New York Islanders in exchange for Thomas Vanek, wasn’t happy with being parked for almost the entire second half of the game.
“It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been in my career,” Moulson told the Buffalo News.
However, Moulson was still at a loss for why, exactly, he and his linemates were benched.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston following his team’s 6-2 loss to the Ducks.
Moulson scored twice in his first game with the Sabres, back on Oct. 28. He has yet to find the back of the net since then, recording four assists in his last five games.
On Friday, the trio of Moulson, Ennis and Hodgson combined for just one shot on goal in 10 shifts and almost 11 minutes of ice time prior to getting sat.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29