Nov 9, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
There were several low points for the Buffalo Sabres on Friday.
They were soundly beaten by the Anaheim Ducks, in a game goalie Ryan Miller called “a disaster,” and the line of Matt Moulson, Cody Hodgson and Tyler Ennis was benched for the entire third period, and even a few minutes in the second as well.
Moulson, who the Sabres recently acquired from the New York Islanders in exchange for Thomas Vanek, wasn’t happy with being parked for almost the entire second half of the game.
“It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been in my career,” Moulson told the Buffalo News.
However, Moulson was still at a loss for why, exactly, he and his linemates were benched.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston following his team’s 6-2 loss to the Ducks.
Moulson scored twice in his first game with the Sabres, back on Oct. 28. He has yet to find the back of the net since then, recording four assists in his last five games.
On Friday, the trio of Moulson, Ennis and Hodgson combined for just one shot on goal in 10 shifts and almost 11 minutes of ice time prior to getting sat.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)