Nov 9, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
There were several low points for the Buffalo Sabres on Friday.
They were soundly beaten by the Anaheim Ducks, in a game goalie Ryan Miller called “a disaster,” and the line of Matt Moulson, Cody Hodgson and Tyler Ennis was benched for the entire third period, and even a few minutes in the second as well.
Moulson, who the Sabres recently acquired from the New York Islanders in exchange for Thomas Vanek, wasn’t happy with being parked for almost the entire second half of the game.
“It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been in my career,” Moulson told the Buffalo News.
However, Moulson was still at a loss for why, exactly, he and his linemates were benched.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston following his team’s 6-2 loss to the Ducks.
Moulson scored twice in his first game with the Sabres, back on Oct. 28. He has yet to find the back of the net since then, recording four assists in his last five games.
On Friday, the trio of Moulson, Ennis and Hodgson combined for just one shot on goal in 10 shifts and almost 11 minutes of ice time prior to getting sat.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11