Nov 9, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
Strange thing happened Saturday: Claude Giroux scored. A goal. Yeah. It finally happened.
It was the first of the season for the talented center, despite this being his 16th game. It counted as the game winner, too, as the Flyers downed the struggling Edmonton Oilers.
Perhaps this will be the slump-buster. His teammates knew how important a goal it was for Giroux, who many believed to be in the running for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
“The bench was really happy, guys were all pumped up, he had a big smile on his face. A guy like him isn’t going to be scoreless very often, and to get one like that, a nice goal like that we needed was big.
“So I’d expect him to start rolling now.”
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47