Nov 9, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
Strange thing happened Saturday: Claude Giroux scored. A goal. Yeah. It finally happened.
It was the first of the season for the talented center, despite this being his 16th game. It counted as the game winner, too, as the Flyers downed the struggling Edmonton Oilers.
Perhaps this will be the slump-buster. His teammates knew how important a goal it was for Giroux, who many believed to be in the running for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
“The bench was really happy, guys were all pumped up, he had a big smile on his face. A guy like him isn’t going to be scoreless very often, and to get one like that, a nice goal like that we needed was big.
“So I’d expect him to start rolling now.”
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)