Nov 9, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
Strange thing happened Saturday: Claude Giroux scored. A goal. Yeah. It finally happened.
It was the first of the season for the talented center, despite this being his 16th game. It counted as the game winner, too, as the Flyers downed the struggling Edmonton Oilers.
Perhaps this will be the slump-buster. His teammates knew how important a goal it was for Giroux, who many believed to be in the running for Canada’s men’s Olympic hockey team.
“The bench was really happy, guys were all pumped up, he had a big smile on his face. A guy like him isn’t going to be scoreless very often, and to get one like that, a nice goal like that we needed was big.
“So I’d expect him to start rolling now.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)