Nov 9, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
The two will face each other Saturday night in Glendale with Ovechkin perhaps benefiting from some advice imparted to him by Ribeiro last season as he told Tyson Nash on the Coyotes’ website.
“I actually told him to stop shooting high and try to go 5-hole a few times,” Ribeiro said. “And he started shooting 5-hole. The thing there is that a lot of people are scared to talk to him because he’s such a big [star] and I don’t really care. I was just telling him what I thought and it helped him to change a bit, to give different looks to goalies.”
The advice helped Ovechkin turn his season around into an MVP-winning one as the Capitals turned things around to win the Southeast Division.
As for playing against his former team, Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com says the Capitals will be ready for what Ribeiro has in store for them in their game tonight.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 0
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 17
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)