Nov 9, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators couldn’t battle back from a horrendous start Friday night against the Winnipeg Jets.
And that was a source of frustration for Predators’ head coach Barry Trotz, when curious minds got his take on a 5-0 loss.
“We lost the game in the first eight minutes. That’s absolutely unacceptable for me and this group,” said Trotz, as per Patrick Williams of NHL.com.
“We were light, we were on the wrong side of the puck, puck-watching, and they lit us up.”
The Jets opened up a four-goal lead by the end of the opening period, and chased goalie Carter Hutton from the game.
Hutton allowed three goals on eight shots faced, and was pulled before the midway point of the first period.
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 0
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 1
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 12
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 103
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)