Nov 9, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
The Nashville Predators couldn’t battle back from a horrendous start Friday night against the Winnipeg Jets.
And that was a source of frustration for Predators’ head coach Barry Trotz, when curious minds got his take on a 5-0 loss.
“We lost the game in the first eight minutes. That’s absolutely unacceptable for me and this group,” said Trotz, as per Patrick Williams of NHL.com.
“We were light, we were on the wrong side of the puck, puck-watching, and they lit us up.”
The Jets opened up a four-goal lead by the end of the opening period, and chased goalie Carter Hutton from the game.
Hutton allowed three goals on eight shots faced, and was pulled before the midway point of the first period.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 1
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)