Nov 9, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Dustin Penner‘s second time around with the Anaheim Ducks has been a great one to this point.
During the Ducks’ 6-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Friday night, Penner had a goal and three assists. Both he and Ryan Getzlaf piled up four points in the blowout win with Getzlaf earning a hat trick.
Following the game, Getzlaf spoke glowingly of Penner’s play.
"Pens said if he keeps playing like this, we'll have to take him all the way to the Olympics," Getzlaf said about his rejuvenated linemate—
Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) November 09, 2013
Being a major contributor on a line with top talent can get you noticed.
Since Penner has played on a line with Getzlaf and Corey Perry, business has picked up. He has a five-game point streak and has piled up 12 points in 11 games. Meanwhile, he has a league-leading to this point plus-minus rating of plus-18.
Compare that to last season with the Los Angeles Kings when he had 14 points in 33 games and was a healthy scratch on occasion. Being back in Orange County is treating Dustin Penner pretty well.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6