Nov 9, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Dustin Penner‘s second time around with the Anaheim Ducks has been a great one to this point.
During the Ducks’ 6-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Friday night, Penner had a goal and three assists. Both he and Ryan Getzlaf piled up four points in the blowout win with Getzlaf earning a hat trick.
Following the game, Getzlaf spoke glowingly of Penner’s play.
Being a major contributor on a line with top talent can get you noticed.
Since Penner has played on a line with Getzlaf and Corey Perry, business has picked up. He has a five-game point streak and has piled up 12 points in 11 games. Meanwhile, he has a league-leading to this point plus-minus rating of plus-18.
Compare that to last season with the Los Angeles Kings when he had 14 points in 33 games and was a healthy scratch on occasion. Being back in Orange County is treating Dustin Penner pretty well.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 20
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)