Nov 9, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Dustin Penner‘s second time around with the Anaheim Ducks has been a great one to this point.
During the Ducks’ 6-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Friday night, Penner had a goal and three assists. Both he and Ryan Getzlaf piled up four points in the blowout win with Getzlaf earning a hat trick.
Following the game, Getzlaf spoke glowingly of Penner’s play.
Being a major contributor on a line with top talent can get you noticed.
Since Penner has played on a line with Getzlaf and Corey Perry, business has picked up. He has a five-game point streak and has piled up 12 points in 11 games. Meanwhile, he has a league-leading to this point plus-minus rating of plus-18.
Compare that to last season with the Los Angeles Kings when he had 14 points in 33 games and was a healthy scratch on occasion. Being back in Orange County is treating Dustin Penner pretty well.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)