Nov 9, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Dustin Penner‘s second time around with the Anaheim Ducks has been a great one to this point.
During the Ducks’ 6-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Friday night, Penner had a goal and three assists. Both he and Ryan Getzlaf piled up four points in the blowout win with Getzlaf earning a hat trick.
Following the game, Getzlaf spoke glowingly of Penner’s play.
Being a major contributor on a line with top talent can get you noticed.
Since Penner has played on a line with Getzlaf and Corey Perry, business has picked up. He has a five-game point streak and has piled up 12 points in 11 games. Meanwhile, he has a league-leading to this point plus-minus rating of plus-18.
Compare that to last season with the Los Angeles Kings when he had 14 points in 33 games and was a healthy scratch on occasion. Being back in Orange County is treating Dustin Penner pretty well.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 12
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39