Nov 9, 2013, 1:32 PM EST
The Florida Panthers finally have some good news.
Thomas has been out since October 22 with a lower-body injury. Since he’s been hurt, the Panthers have lost six games in a row including games to the Buffalo Sabres and Edmonton Oilers. Thomas’ absence also coincided with the firing of former coach Kevin Dineen. In all, the team has lost seven straight.
While Thomas’ numbers haven’t been great this year (2-3-0 record, .905 SV%, 3.11 GAA) he’s been the most consistent goalie the Panthers have had all season compared to Jacob Markstrom and Scott Clemmensen.
Interim head coach Peter Horachek hopes Thomas’ return can help turn things around on South Beach.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 0
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 23
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)