Nov 9, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers finally have some good news.
Thomas has been out since October 22 with a lower-body injury. Since he’s been hurt, the Panthers have lost six games in a row including games to the Buffalo Sabres and Edmonton Oilers. Thomas’ absence also coincided with the firing of former coach Kevin Dineen. In all, the team has lost seven straight.
While Thomas’ numbers haven’t been great this year (2-3-0 record, .905 SV%, 3.11 GAA) he’s been the most consistent goalie the Panthers have had all season compared to Jacob Markstrom and Scott Clemmensen.
Interim head coach Peter Horachek hopes Thomas’ return can help turn things around on South Beach.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39