Nov 9, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo was pulled just past the midway point of the second period Saturday.
The comeback hopes were fleeting. It took only one minute and eight seconds for the Kings to restore their two-goal lead. And then the floodgates opened.
The Kings scored three goals in two minutes and 33 seconds, to gain a four-goal lead over their Pacific Division rivals heading into the third period.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25