Nov 9, 2013, 11:58 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo was pulled just past the midway point of the second period Saturday.
The comeback hopes were fleeting. It took only one minute and eight seconds for the Kings to restore their two-goal lead. And then the floodgates opened.
The Kings scored three goals in two minutes and 33 seconds, to gain a four-goal lead over their Pacific Division rivals heading into the third period.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28