Nov 9, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo was pulled just past the midway point of the second period Saturday.
The comeback hopes were fleeting. It took only one minute and eight seconds for the Kings to restore their two-goal lead. And then the floodgates opened.
The Kings scored three goals in two minutes and 33 seconds, to gain a four-goal lead over their Pacific Division rivals heading into the third period.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34