Nov 9, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo was pulled just past the midway point of the second period Saturday.
The comeback hopes were fleeting. It took only one minute and eight seconds for the Kings to restore their two-goal lead. And then the floodgates opened.
The Kings scored three goals in two minutes and 33 seconds, to gain a four-goal lead over their Pacific Division rivals heading into the third period.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20