Nov 9, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Last season was a huge success for the Toronto Maple Leafs. After all, making the playoffs for the first time in seven years is a positive thing.
On Saturday night, the Maple Leafs return to Boston with those bad memories lingering for fans but not so much for the players as The Globe and Mail’s David Shoalts shares.
“It’s a new year, two different teams, so realistically none of that stuff comes into play,” Kadri said. “But we’re excited to go back to Boston, we know it’s going to be a challenge and we’re excited about it.
“It was tougher before the season started and waiting all summer and just having to deal with it. But now that the season is started and we’re 15, 16 games into it, I think a lot of guys have forgotten about it. But it’s still in the back of your head.”
The Maple Leafs sit tied atop the Atlantic Division with Tampa Bay going into action Saturday. Boston has had a slightly slower start but sit just three points behind them. With the Leafs coming off a shootout win over the New Jersey Devils on Friday, they’ll look to keep the good times going. Boston would love nothing more than to make them relive their playoff nightmare one more time.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)