Nov 9, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres lost yet again. And this one was bad.
The Sabres lost 6-2 to the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, with goalie Ryan Miller getting the hook to begin the third period. This after allowing all six Anaheim goals on 34 shots through two periods of work.
Needless to say, he wasn’t necessarily pleased afterward.
“It was a disaster to be a part of,” Miller said, according to Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
The onslaught on Miller included Ryan Getzlaf‘s first career NHL hat trick, which he achieved in the first period. The Ducks scored four in the opening 20 minutes, and jumped out to a three-goal lead.
It was over early.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston, as per the team’s Twitter account.
The loss drops Buffalo’s record to 3-15-1. The Sabres have gone 2-8 in their last 10 games.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)