Nov 9, 2013, 1:06 AM EST
The Buffalo Sabres lost yet again. And this one was bad.
The Sabres lost 6-2 to the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, with goalie Ryan Miller getting the hook to begin the third period. This after allowing all six Anaheim goals on 34 shots through two periods of work.
Needless to say, he wasn’t necessarily pleased afterward.
“It was a disaster to be a part of,” Miller said, according to Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
The onslaught on Miller included Ryan Getzlaf‘s first career NHL hat trick, which he achieved in the first period. The Ducks scored four in the opening 20 minutes, and jumped out to a three-goal lead.
It was over early.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston, as per the team’s Twitter account.
The loss drops Buffalo’s record to 3-15-1. The Sabres have gone 2-8 in their last 10 games.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)