Nov 9, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres lost yet again. And this one was bad.
The Sabres lost 6-2 to the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, with goalie Ryan Miller getting the hook to begin the third period. This after allowing all six Anaheim goals on 34 shots through two periods of work.
Needless to say, he wasn’t necessarily pleased afterward.
“It was a disaster to be a part of,” Miller said, according to Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
The onslaught on Miller included Ryan Getzlaf‘s first career NHL hat trick, which he achieved in the first period. The Ducks scored four in the opening 20 minutes, and jumped out to a three-goal lead.
It was over early.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston, as per the team’s Twitter account.
The loss drops Buffalo’s record to 3-15-1. The Sabres have gone 2-8 in their last 10 games.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)