Nov 9, 2013, 1:06 AM EST
The Buffalo Sabres lost yet again. And this one was bad.
The Sabres lost 6-2 to the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, with goalie Ryan Miller getting the hook to begin the third period. This after allowing all six Anaheim goals on 34 shots through two periods of work.
Needless to say, he wasn’t necessarily pleased afterward.
“It was a disaster to be a part of,” Miller said, according to Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
The onslaught on Miller included Ryan Getzlaf‘s first career NHL hat trick, which he achieved in the first period. The Ducks scored four in the opening 20 minutes, and jumped out to a three-goal lead.
It was over early.
“We’ve got to work and I didn’t feel the work was there,” said Sabres’ head coach Ron Rolston, as per the team’s Twitter account.
The loss drops Buffalo’s record to 3-15-1. The Sabres have gone 2-8 in their last 10 games.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 3
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)