Nov 9, 2013, 12:52 PM EST
A pair of NHL prospects could be in big trouble following an off-ice incident in Vancouver.
CKNW radio in Vancouver reports Calgary Flames prospect defenseman Brett Kulak, 19, and Edmonton Oilers forward prospect Jackson Houck (pictured), 18, were each charged with assault causing bodily harm. Kulak also has a secondary charge of making threats to cause death or bodily harm. The charges stem from a house party in August.
The players are teammates with the WHL Vancouver Giants and continue to play while the charges are pending.
Kulak was the fourth-round pick of the Flames in 2012 and Houck was the Oilers’ fourth-round pick in 2013. The two players are the Giants’ top offensive players. Kulak leads the team in points and Houck leads them in goals.
According to the report, the two players have had three court appearances so far. Kulak is due back in court on November 20 while Houck won’t be back until February 28.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)