Nov 9, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid was taken to the dressing room after appearing to suffer an injury in the first period of Saturday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
McQuaid was playing the puck behind his own net, when he suddenly stopped skating and fell to the ice. He couldn’t put much, if any, pressure on his right leg as he was helped off the ice by his teammates.
Prior to getting hurt, McQuaid was involved in a spirited scrap with Frazer McLaren just before the two-minute mark of the first period.
Updated: McQuaid will not return to tonight’s game, according to the Bruins’ official Twitter account.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)