Nov 9, 2013, 7:52 PM EST
Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid was taken to the dressing room after appearing to suffer an injury in the first period of Saturday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
McQuaid was playing the puck behind his own net, when he suddenly stopped skating and fell to the ice. He couldn’t put much, if any, pressure on his right leg as he was helped off the ice by his teammates.
Prior to getting hurt, McQuaid was involved in a spirited scrap with Frazer McLaren just before the two-minute mark of the first period.
Updated: McQuaid will not return to tonight’s game, according to the Bruins’ official Twitter account.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)