Nov 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
St. Louis Blues defenseman Jordan Leopold is out of the lineup tonight, when his team takes on the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, the Blues will now await word on how long Leopold could perhaps be out of the lineup for, as he deals with a hand injury.
“We’ll know a little bit better on Monday how long he’s going to be out for,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Right now it’s just day to day and we’ll see how he feels. Whether it’s a week or two, we’ll see how it feels. We’ll know more on dates on Monday.”
Leopold, 33, has two assists in 13 games this season with the Blues.
The Blues have six wins in their last 10 games, heading into Saturday’s meeting against Sidney Crosby and the Penguins.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)