Nov 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues defenseman Jordan Leopold is out of the lineup tonight, when his team takes on the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, the Blues will now await word on how long Leopold could perhaps be out of the lineup for, as he deals with a hand injury.
“We’ll know a little bit better on Monday how long he’s going to be out for,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Right now it’s just day to day and we’ll see how he feels. Whether it’s a week or two, we’ll see how it feels. We’ll know more on dates on Monday.”
Leopold, 33, has two assists in 13 games this season with the Blues.
The Blues have six wins in their last 10 games, heading into Saturday’s meeting against Sidney Crosby and the Penguins.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)