Nov 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues defenseman Jordan Leopold is out of the lineup tonight, when his team takes on the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, the Blues will now await word on how long Leopold could perhaps be out of the lineup for, as he deals with a hand injury.
“We’ll know a little bit better on Monday how long he’s going to be out for,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Right now it’s just day to day and we’ll see how he feels. Whether it’s a week or two, we’ll see how it feels. We’ll know more on dates on Monday.”
Leopold, 33, has two assists in 13 games this season with the Blues.
The Blues have six wins in their last 10 games, heading into Saturday’s meeting against Sidney Crosby and the Penguins.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5