Nov 8, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Detroit will be down a pair of forwards on Saturday against the Lightning.
The 2013-14 campaign has not been kind to either skater. Franzen has just two goals through 13 games and is a minus-2 on the year while Weiss, signed to a $24.5 million deal this summer in the hopes of becoming the team’s No. 2 center, has just one assist in 17 games and was recently demoted to third-line duty.
Speaking of the club’s No. 2 center gig, the guy that left the void — Valterri Filppula — will make his return to Detroit on Saturday as a member of the Lightning.
Filppula inked a five-year, $25 million deal with the Bolts in July and has been very good for Tampa this year, scoring 12 points in his first 15 games while averaging nearly 19 minutes a night.
The Wings have recalled Luke Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6