Nov 8, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Detroit will be down a pair of forwards on Saturday against the Lightning.
The 2013-14 campaign has not been kind to either skater. Franzen has just two goals through 13 games and is a minus-2 on the year while Weiss, signed to a $24.5 million deal this summer in the hopes of becoming the team’s No. 2 center, has just one assist in 17 games and was recently demoted to third-line duty.
Speaking of the club’s No. 2 center gig, the guy that left the void — Valterri Filppula — will make his return to Detroit on Saturday as a member of the Lightning.
Filppula inked a five-year, $25 million deal with the Bolts in July and has been very good for Tampa this year, scoring 12 points in his first 15 games while averaging nearly 19 minutes a night.
The Wings have recalled Luke Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7