Nov 8, 2013, 10:53 PM EST
It appears Rich Clune and Adam Pardy just had to get this out of their system.
Clune, the Nashville Predators forward, and Pardy, the Winnipeg Jets defenseman, decided to drop the mitts early in the second period of Friday’s game. They had just gotten out of the penalty box, after serving coincidental roughing minors from the first period.
Clune was cut near the right eye. Pardy’s helmet came off during the fight, although no seemingly over-served fans could get their hands on it this time, unlike what happened in Chicago earlier this week when Pardy was hit through the glass in the corner.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)