Nov 8, 2013, 10:53 PM EST
It appears Rich Clune and Adam Pardy just had to get this out of their system.
Clune, the Nashville Predators forward, and Pardy, the Winnipeg Jets defenseman, decided to drop the mitts early in the second period of Friday’s game. They had just gotten out of the penalty box, after serving coincidental roughing minors from the first period.
Clune was cut near the right eye. Pardy’s helmet came off during the fight, although no seemingly over-served fans could get their hands on it this time, unlike what happened in Chicago earlier this week when Pardy was hit through the glass in the corner.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8