Nov 8, 2013, 10:53 PM EST
It appears Rich Clune and Adam Pardy just had to get this out of their system.
Clune, the Nashville Predators forward, and Pardy, the Winnipeg Jets defenseman, decided to drop the mitts early in the second period of Friday’s game. They had just gotten out of the penalty box, after serving coincidental roughing minors from the first period.
Clune was cut near the right eye. Pardy’s helmet came off during the fight, although no seemingly over-served fans could get their hands on it this time, unlike what happened in Chicago earlier this week when Pardy was hit through the glass in the corner.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)