Nov 8, 2013, 10:53 PM EDT
It appears Rich Clune and Adam Pardy just had to get this out of their system.
Clune, the Nashville Predators forward, and Pardy, the Winnipeg Jets defenseman, decided to drop the mitts early in the second period of Friday’s game. They had just gotten out of the penalty box, after serving coincidental roughing minors from the first period.
Clune was cut near the right eye. Pardy’s helmet came off during the fight, although no seemingly over-served fans could get their hands on it this time, unlike what happened in Chicago earlier this week when Pardy was hit through the glass in the corner.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36