Nov 8, 2013, 10:53 PM EDT
It appears Rich Clune and Adam Pardy just had to get this out of their system.
Clune, the Nashville Predators forward, and Pardy, the Winnipeg Jets defenseman, decided to drop the mitts early in the second period of Friday’s game. They had just gotten out of the penalty box, after serving coincidental roughing minors from the first period.
Clune was cut near the right eye. Pardy’s helmet came off during the fight, although no seemingly over-served fans could get their hands on it this time, unlike what happened in Chicago earlier this week when Pardy was hit through the glass in the corner.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)