Nov 8, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Even after he left them with a season remaining on his contract, Boston Bruins fans still love Tim Thomas. At least that’s the message those at the TD Garden sent when they gave him a standing ovation during last night’s 4-1 victory over the Florida Panthers.
Of course, Thomas wasn’t in goal for Florida to counter Tuukka Rask. Although the 39-year-old goaltender is close to returning from a lower-body injury, he needed a bit more time.
Still, he was happy to be back in Boston.
“I was hoping for that kind of reaction from the fans,” Thomas told the Miami Herald. “I loved playing here. I loved Boston. It was nice to see that response.”
Thomas is expected to be available on Saturday. He hasn’t been his old self so far this season, but the Panthers certainly need all the help they can get.
If you want to see the standing ovation and the game’s highlights, you can view them below:
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)