Nov 8, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Even after he left them with a season remaining on his contract, Boston Bruins fans still love Tim Thomas. At least that’s the message those at the TD Garden sent when they gave him a standing ovation during last night’s 4-1 victory over the Florida Panthers.
Of course, Thomas wasn’t in goal for Florida to counter Tuukka Rask. Although the 39-year-old goaltender is close to returning from a lower-body injury, he needed a bit more time.
Still, he was happy to be back in Boston.
“I was hoping for that kind of reaction from the fans,” Thomas told the Miami Herald. “I loved playing here. I loved Boston. It was nice to see that response.”
Thomas is expected to be available on Saturday. He hasn’t been his old self so far this season, but the Panthers certainly need all the help they can get.
If you want to see the standing ovation and the game’s highlights, you can view them below:
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)