Nov 8, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Even after he left them with a season remaining on his contract, Boston Bruins fans still love Tim Thomas. At least that’s the message those at the TD Garden sent when they gave him a standing ovation during last night’s 4-1 victory over the Florida Panthers.
Of course, Thomas wasn’t in goal for Florida to counter Tuukka Rask. Although the 39-year-old goaltender is close to returning from a lower-body injury, he needed a bit more time.
Still, he was happy to be back in Boston.
“I was hoping for that kind of reaction from the fans,” Thomas told the Miami Herald. “I loved playing here. I loved Boston. It was nice to see that response.”
Thomas is expected to be available on Saturday. He hasn’t been his old self so far this season, but the Panthers certainly need all the help they can get.
If you want to see the standing ovation and the game’s highlights, you can view them below:
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)