Nov 8, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Even after he left them with a season remaining on his contract, Boston Bruins fans still love Tim Thomas. At least that’s the message those at the TD Garden sent when they gave him a standing ovation during last night’s 4-1 victory over the Florida Panthers.
Of course, Thomas wasn’t in goal for Florida to counter Tuukka Rask. Although the 39-year-old goaltender is close to returning from a lower-body injury, he needed a bit more time.
Still, he was happy to be back in Boston.
“I was hoping for that kind of reaction from the fans,” Thomas told the Miami Herald. “I loved playing here. I loved Boston. It was nice to see that response.”
Thomas is expected to be available on Saturday. He hasn’t been his old self so far this season, but the Panthers certainly need all the help they can get.
If you want to see the standing ovation and the game’s highlights, you can view them below:
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39