Nov 8, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
From a club press release:
Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Aaron Rome from the Texas Stars, Dallas’ development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, Dallas has loaned defenseman Kevin Connauton to Texas on a conditioning assignment.
Is it big news? It is not. But it provides us a good opportunity to give the Stars (8-6-2) some love after they swept a tough three-game road trip to Ottawa, Boston and Detroit.
Next up for Dallas? The defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday evening at the American Airlines Center.
In all likelihood, the Stars are still going to have a hard time finishing top eight in the Western Conference, but this past road trip could be a confidence-builder for a team that’s missed the playoffs the past five seasons.
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)