Nov 8, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
From a club press release:
Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Aaron Rome from the Texas Stars, Dallas’ development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, Dallas has loaned defenseman Kevin Connauton to Texas on a conditioning assignment.
Is it big news? It is not. But it provides us a good opportunity to give the Stars (8-6-2) some love after they swept a tough three-game road trip to Ottawa, Boston and Detroit.
Next up for Dallas? The defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday evening at the American Airlines Center.
In all likelihood, the Stars are still going to have a hard time finishing top eight in the Western Conference, but this past road trip could be a confidence-builder for a team that’s missed the playoffs the past five seasons.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 50
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 36
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)