Nov 8, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
From a club press release:
Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Aaron Rome from the Texas Stars, Dallas’ development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, Dallas has loaned defenseman Kevin Connauton to Texas on a conditioning assignment.
Is it big news? It is not. But it provides us a good opportunity to give the Stars (8-6-2) some love after they swept a tough three-game road trip to Ottawa, Boston and Detroit.
Next up for Dallas? The defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday evening at the American Airlines Center.
In all likelihood, the Stars are still going to have a hard time finishing top eight in the Western Conference, but this past road trip could be a confidence-builder for a team that’s missed the playoffs the past five seasons.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)