Nov 8, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
A tweet from CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio:
Told today Flyers are talking with EDM about Eberle—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 08, 2013
Eberle, of course, would be Jordan Eberle, the 23-year-old winger who had 34 goals for Edmonton in 2011-12 and is signed through 2018-19 with a cap hit of $6,000,000.
Why would the Oilers be willing to trade a kid like that? Well, lots of reasons. First, nothing’s free and Edmonton needs lots of stuff. Like, say, a young forward that’s been praised in the past for his defensive play? Sean Couturier would fit that description. Or how about a big defensive defenseman who can log over 20 minutes a game? Braydon Coburn would fit that description.
The Oilers may also secretly think Eberle’s 34-goal season is unlikely to be replicated, given his shooting percentage was 18.9 that season. (For more on that, click here. It’s been a rather popular topic with Oilers bloggers.)
Yes, trading Eberle would be a bold move for general manager Craig MacTavish. But remember, that’s exactly what the “man of action” promised in April — he was going to do “bold things.”
PS — Flyers owner Ed Snider didn’t sound too impressed with the Flyers’ 3-0 loss to the Devils last night.
Snider on last night: "The effort was pathetic. We were losing battles along the boards and can't continue to be a team that can't score."—
Dave Isaac (@davegisaac) November 08, 2013
Mar 12, 2014, 1:21 AM EDT
He received a minor penalty for the hit.
Mar 12, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
JVR seems OK, though.
Mar 11, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
Dallas moves into the second wild card spot for now.
Mar 11, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks aren’t happy about their game, either.
Mar 11, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
And an interesting one overall for the East.
Mar 11, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Another memorable save for the icon.
Mar 11, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
That’s eight in a row for Pittsburgh between these two teams.
Mar 11, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The contest featured his former team the Saginaw Spirit.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:33 PM EDT
The 20-year-old had been missing since March 3.
Mar 11, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
On the bright side, there’s the Batmobile.
Mar 11, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
The Pens have won seven in a row vs. Washington, including Monday.
Mar 11, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Because there’s a really good chance they will.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:56 PM EDT
Big development for the ‘Hawks.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Click for the details.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 11, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
“We played well in the first game, but then it all disappeared.”
Mar 11, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
The sons of George and Brian, respectively.
Mar 11, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Whether he does or not will impact the Flyers’ roster.
Mar 11, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
A big defenseman from Lake Superior State.
Mar 11, 2014, 2:18 PM EDT
Burly power forward’s in the midst of a disappointing season.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)