Nov 8, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Linus Omark’s 2013-14 season debut was short lived.
Omark, along with fellow Oilers forward Ben Eager, was sent to AHL Oklahoma City on Friday. The move comes one day after Omark played his first game of the year for Edmonton on Thursday in Tampa Bay, a 4-2 loss in which he finished minus-1 while playing just over nine minutes.
Eager last played in Tuesday’s 3-2 shootout win over Florida, recording 7:25 TOI. He was a healthy scratch on Thursday night.
The two have been demoted to clear room for David Perron, who will return to the lineup on Saturday in Philadelphia. Perron’s return will finally give Edmonton a chance to ice its “projected” top-six forwards all at once this year: Perron, Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and Sam Gagner.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21