Nov 8, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Linus Omark’s 2013-14 season debut was short lived.
Omark, along with fellow Oilers forward Ben Eager, was sent to AHL Oklahoma City on Friday. The move comes one day after Omark played his first game of the year for Edmonton on Thursday in Tampa Bay, a 4-2 loss in which he finished minus-1 while playing just over nine minutes.
Eager last played in Tuesday’s 3-2 shootout win over Florida, recording 7:25 TOI. He was a healthy scratch on Thursday night.
The two have been demoted to clear room for David Perron, who will return to the lineup on Saturday in Philadelphia. Perron’s return will finally give Edmonton a chance to ice its “projected” top-six forwards all at once this year: Perron, Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and Sam Gagner.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54