Nov 8, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Linus Omark’s 2013-14 season debut was short lived.
Omark, along with fellow Oilers forward Ben Eager, was sent to AHL Oklahoma City on Friday. The move comes one day after Omark played his first game of the year for Edmonton on Thursday in Tampa Bay, a 4-2 loss in which he finished minus-1 while playing just over nine minutes.
Eager last played in Tuesday’s 3-2 shootout win over Florida, recording 7:25 TOI. He was a healthy scratch on Thursday night.
The two have been demoted to clear room for David Perron, who will return to the lineup on Saturday in Philadelphia. Perron’s return will finally give Edmonton a chance to ice its “projected” top-six forwards all at once this year: Perron, Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and Sam Gagner.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)