Nov 8, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Linus Omark’s 2013-14 season debut was short lived.
Omark, along with fellow Oilers forward Ben Eager, was sent to AHL Oklahoma City on Friday. The move comes one day after Omark played his first game of the year for Edmonton on Thursday in Tampa Bay, a 4-2 loss in which he finished minus-1 while playing just over nine minutes.
Eager last played in Tuesday’s 3-2 shootout win over Florida, recording 7:25 TOI. He was a healthy scratch on Thursday night.
The two have been demoted to clear room for David Perron, who will return to the lineup on Saturday in Philadelphia. Perron’s return will finally give Edmonton a chance to ice its “projected” top-six forwards all at once this year: Perron, Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and Sam Gagner.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)