Nov 8, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Linus Omark’s 2013-14 season debut was short lived.
Omark, along with fellow Oilers forward Ben Eager, was sent to AHL Oklahoma City on Friday. The move comes one day after Omark played his first game of the year for Edmonton on Thursday in Tampa Bay, a 4-2 loss in which he finished minus-1 while playing just over nine minutes.
Eager last played in Tuesday’s 3-2 shootout win over Florida, recording 7:25 TOI. He was a healthy scratch on Thursday night.
The two have been demoted to clear room for David Perron, who will return to the lineup on Saturday in Philadelphia. Perron’s return will finally give Edmonton a chance to ice its “projected” top-six forwards all at once this year: Perron, Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and Sam Gagner.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28