Nov 8, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Carter Hutton‘s eighth career game will be one to forget.
Hutton, filling in for the injured Pekka Rinne, was chased from Friday night’s start in Winnipeg after allowing three goals on eight shots to start the game.
He was replaced by rookie Marek Mazanec, who made his NHL debut in the process.
The Jets came out on fire and went ahead just three minutes into the game when Bryan Little scored his ninth goal of the season. At the 6:47 mark, Olli Jokinen connected on a setup from Evander Kane to make it 2-0 before defenseman Dustin Byfuglien scored his first of the year at 8:23 to make it 3-0.
That was it for Hutton. The former Chicago Blackhawks farmhand has been OK in relief of Rinne thus far — he was 4-1-1 with a .908 save percentage and 2.94 GAA — but this is now the fourth time in five games he’s allowed three goals or more, numbers that just won’t work in Nashville’s defensive-oriented system.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)