Nov 8, 2013, 11:36 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr, it seems, isn’t ready to hang up his skates at the end of this season.
Despite being on a struggling New Jersey Devils team, and about to turn 42 years of age in February, Jagr has expressed a desire to keep playing beyond this season.
“I’ll tell you one thing, as long as I don’t die, it’s not my last year of playing hockey,” Jagr told the Courier-Post.
“I don’t know where I’m gonna play. I don’t know if I’m gonna play U.S. or somewhere else. I’m gonna play. I’ll play until I cannot walk. I love the game too much to leave it.”
Jagr was easily the best New Jersey forward in Friday’s 2-1 shootout loss, even if he was held off the score sheet.
In 1,407 regular season games, Jagr has scored 685 goals and 1,699 points. He signed with the Devils as a free agent this summer, putting pen to paper on a one-year deal.
His recent comments are almost a complete turnaround from this summer, when he suggested in August that this could be his final season.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (108)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)