Nov 8, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Colorado goes back to Jiggy
Giguere, 36, has been one of the NHL’s best backups this season, posting a 4-0-0 record with a 0.75 GAA and .977 save percentage. He has two shutouts already — in Pittsburgh and Boston — and will look to take advantage of a Calgary team that’s lost seven of its last 11.
Calgary will start Karri Ramo tonight.
Ducks to start Andersen
Another goalie will look to keep his perfect record intact tonight — Frederik Andersen, the Anaheim rookie that’s won the first four games of his professional career.
Andersen, 24, will go for the Ducks on Friday against Buffalo, just four nights after stopping 33 shots in a 2-1 win over the Rangers on Monday. Andersen is 4-0-0 with a 1.36 GAA and .952 save percentage this year, and it’ll be interesting to see what Anaheim decides to do with him now that Viktor Fasth seems ready to return from injury.
Andersen will take on Buffalo’s Ryan Miller tonight.
– The Maple Leafs, who haven’t played since Saturday’s 4-0 loss in Vancouver, will give Jonathan Bernier his first start in eight days tonight against New Jersey. He’ll go up against Cory Schneider, who has just one win this season.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)