Nov 8, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Colorado goes back to Jiggy
Giguere, 36, has been one of the NHL’s best backups this season, posting a 4-0-0 record with a 0.75 GAA and .977 save percentage. He has two shutouts already — in Pittsburgh and Boston — and will look to take advantage of a Calgary team that’s lost seven of its last 11.
Calgary will start Karri Ramo tonight.
Ducks to start Andersen
Another goalie will look to keep his perfect record intact tonight — Frederik Andersen, the Anaheim rookie that’s won the first four games of his professional career.
Andersen, 24, will go for the Ducks on Friday against Buffalo, just four nights after stopping 33 shots in a 2-1 win over the Rangers on Monday. Andersen is 4-0-0 with a 1.36 GAA and .952 save percentage this year, and it’ll be interesting to see what Anaheim decides to do with him now that Viktor Fasth seems ready to return from injury.
Andersen will take on Buffalo’s Ryan Miller tonight.
– The Maple Leafs, who haven’t played since Saturday’s 4-0 loss in Vancouver, will give Jonathan Bernier his first start in eight days tonight against New Jersey. He’ll go up against Cory Schneider, who has just one win this season.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7