Nov 8, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
Ehrhoff, averaging nearly 25 minutes per game on defense, suffered a lower-body injury last night in Los Angeles in the first period of a 2-0 loss to the Kings. Leino, who played nearly 12 minutes on Thursday, is a healthy scratch.
These developments will make what was an already difficult road trip that much harder. The Sabres are off to an okay start — they beat the Sharks 5-4 in a shootout before losing to the Kings — but now must try to knock off the red-hot Ducks without two of their veteran presences.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 1
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24