Nov 8, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
Ehrhoff, averaging nearly 25 minutes per game on defense, suffered a lower-body injury last night in Los Angeles in the first period of a 2-0 loss to the Kings. Leino, who played nearly 12 minutes on Thursday, is a healthy scratch.
These developments will make what was an already difficult road trip that much harder. The Sabres are off to an okay start — they beat the Sharks 5-4 in a shootout before losing to the Kings — but now must try to knock off the red-hot Ducks without two of their veteran presences.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 32
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63