Nov 7, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
Injuries, mid-season lulls and maybe even the 2014 Winter Olympics could all conspire to muck things up, but as it stands, the race for the Maurice Richard Trophy might just be the most captivating trophy battle in 2013-14.
The rich got richer on Thursday, as all three of the NHL’s leading goal scorers found the net.
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen made it 14 goals in 14 games with this tally:
Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin continues to be a terror on the power play. His 13th tally of 2013-14 was also the seventh he scored on the man advantage:
Teams might as well chalk up one Capitals power-play goal and hope for just that. The Capitals beat the Minnesota Wild 3-2 via a shootout on Thursday.
Steven Stamkos scored his 12th and 13th tallies of the season to truly get in the mix tonight:
The Tampa Bay Lightning kept their strong run going by beating the Edmonton Oilers 4-2.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)