Nov 7, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
Injuries, mid-season lulls and maybe even the 2014 Winter Olympics could all conspire to muck things up, but as it stands, the race for the Maurice Richard Trophy might just be the most captivating trophy battle in 2013-14.
The rich got richer on Thursday, as all three of the NHL’s leading goal scorers found the net.
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen made it 14 goals in 14 games with this tally:
Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin continues to be a terror on the power play. His 13th tally of 2013-14 was also the seventh he scored on the man advantage:
Teams might as well chalk up one Capitals power-play goal and hope for just that. The Capitals beat the Minnesota Wild 3-2 via a shootout on Thursday.
Steven Stamkos scored his 12th and 13th tallies of the season to truly get in the mix tonight:
The Tampa Bay Lightning kept their strong run going by beating the Edmonton Oilers 4-2.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)