Nov 7, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
Injuries, mid-season lulls and maybe even the 2014 Winter Olympics could all conspire to muck things up, but as it stands, the race for the Maurice Richard Trophy might just be the most captivating trophy battle in 2013-14.
The rich got richer on Thursday, as all three of the NHL’s leading goal scorers found the net.
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen made it 14 goals in 14 games with this tally:
Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin continues to be a terror on the power play. His 13th tally of 2013-14 was also the seventh he scored on the man advantage:
Teams might as well chalk up one Capitals power-play goal and hope for just that. The Capitals beat the Minnesota Wild 3-2 via a shootout on Thursday.
Steven Stamkos scored his 12th and 13th tallies of the season to truly get in the mix tonight:
The Tampa Bay Lightning kept their strong run going by beating the Edmonton Oilers 4-2.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 29
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)