Nov 7, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
Injuries, mid-season lulls and maybe even the 2014 Winter Olympics could all conspire to muck things up, but as it stands, the race for the Maurice Richard Trophy might just be the most captivating trophy battle in 2013-14.
The rich got richer on Thursday, as all three of the NHL’s leading goal scorers found the net.
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen made it 14 goals in 14 games with this tally:
Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin continues to be a terror on the power play. His 13th tally of 2013-14 was also the seventh he scored on the man advantage:
Teams might as well chalk up one Capitals power-play goal and hope for just that. The Capitals beat the Minnesota Wild 3-2 via a shootout on Thursday.
Steven Stamkos scored his 12th and 13th tallies of the season to truly get in the mix tonight:
The Tampa Bay Lightning kept their strong run going by beating the Edmonton Oilers 4-2.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)