Nov 7, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
On Thursday, Brough and I looked ahead to next week’s NHL GM meetings and discussed the two (likely) major topics at hand — fighting, and trades.
On the first topic, we discussed what might be done in the wake of Ray Emery jumping Braden Holtby.
After NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said he didn’t “think anybody liked it,” and NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan said he hated it, it stands to reason some adjustments might be made — like, as we suggest, using “heightened sensitivity” on the already-existing aggressor rule, much like how the NHL used “heightened sensitivity” with regards to goaltender protection following the Milan Lucic-Ryan Miller incident of 2011.
On the second topic, we looked at two teams in desperate need of goaltending: Edmonton and the New York Islanders.
Will GMs Craig MacTavish and Garth Snow use next week’s meetings as an opportunity to kick the tires on a new netminder?
Go on, have a watch:
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)