Nov 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EDT
This might’ve been the goal that broke the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday night.
Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry scored on a deflection with 1.9 seconds remaining in the second period, giving the Ducks a 3-2 lead heading into the third.
The Ducks didn’t look back from there. They added two more in the latter half of the third period, for a 5-2 win over the Coyotes.
That’s three straight victories for the Ducks, who strengthened their early lead in the already tightly contested Pacific Division. Also winners in six of their last seven games, the Ducks remain atop the NHL’s overall standings.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 8
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 71
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 24
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)