Nov 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EST
This might’ve been the goal that broke the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday night.
Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry scored on a deflection with 1.9 seconds remaining in the second period, giving the Ducks a 3-2 lead heading into the third.
The Ducks didn’t look back from there. They added two more in the latter half of the third period, for a 5-2 win over the Coyotes.
That’s three straight victories for the Ducks, who strengthened their early lead in the already tightly contested Pacific Division. Also winners in six of their last seven games, the Ducks remain atop the NHL’s overall standings.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)