Nov 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EST
This might’ve been the goal that broke the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday night.
Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry scored on a deflection with 1.9 seconds remaining in the second period, giving the Ducks a 3-2 lead heading into the third.
The Ducks didn’t look back from there. They added two more in the latter half of the third period, for a 5-2 win over the Coyotes.
That’s three straight victories for the Ducks, who strengthened their early lead in the already tightly contested Pacific Division. Also winners in six of their last seven games, the Ducks remain atop the NHL’s overall standings.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 38
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (165)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)