Nov 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EDT
This might’ve been the goal that broke the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday night.
Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry scored on a deflection with 1.9 seconds remaining in the second period, giving the Ducks a 3-2 lead heading into the third.
The Ducks didn’t look back from there. They added two more in the latter half of the third period, for a 5-2 win over the Coyotes.
That’s three straight victories for the Ducks, who strengthened their early lead in the already tightly contested Pacific Division. Also winners in six of their last seven games, the Ducks remain atop the NHL’s overall standings.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)