Nov 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EDT
This might’ve been the goal that broke the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday night.
Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry scored on a deflection with 1.9 seconds remaining in the second period, giving the Ducks a 3-2 lead heading into the third.
The Ducks didn’t look back from there. They added two more in the latter half of the third period, for a 5-2 win over the Coyotes.
That’s three straight victories for the Ducks, who strengthened their early lead in the already tightly contested Pacific Division. Also winners in six of their last seven games, the Ducks remain atop the NHL’s overall standings.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)