Nov 7, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
The beauty of a given goal can be subjective, especially when the beholder hasn’t seen his or her team score in more than a week.
So, this tally isn’t really anything spectacular, but New Jersey Devils fans might treasure it. The team was shutout in back-to-back games this past weekend and had what was probably a welcomed layoff until Thursday, so the Devils’ last goal came on Oct. 29.
That is, until Eric Gelinas (or Adam Henrique, if there was a tip-in) found the net early in the first period against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight:
That broke a drought of 151 minutes and three seconds, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)