Nov 7, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
The beauty of a given goal can be subjective, especially when the beholder hasn’t seen his or her team score in more than a week.
So, this tally isn’t really anything spectacular, but New Jersey Devils fans might treasure it. The team was shutout in back-to-back games this past weekend and had what was probably a welcomed layoff until Thursday, so the Devils’ last goal came on Oct. 29.
That is, until Eric Gelinas (or Adam Henrique, if there was a tip-in) found the net early in the first period against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight:
That broke a drought of 151 minutes and three seconds, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22