Nov 7, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
The beauty of a given goal can be subjective, especially when the beholder hasn’t seen his or her team score in more than a week.
So, this tally isn’t really anything spectacular, but New Jersey Devils fans might treasure it. The team was shutout in back-to-back games this past weekend and had what was probably a welcomed layoff until Thursday, so the Devils’ last goal came on Oct. 29.
That is, until Eric Gelinas (or Adam Henrique, if there was a tip-in) found the net early in the first period against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight:
That broke a drought of 151 minutes and three seconds, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 4
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 46
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)