Nov 7, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
The beauty of a given goal can be subjective, especially when the beholder hasn’t seen his or her team score in more than a week.
So, this tally isn’t really anything spectacular, but New Jersey Devils fans might treasure it. The team was shutout in back-to-back games this past weekend and had what was probably a welcomed layoff until Thursday, so the Devils’ last goal came on Oct. 29.
That is, until Eric Gelinas (or Adam Henrique, if there was a tip-in) found the net early in the first period against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight:
That broke a drought of 151 minutes and three seconds, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)