Nov 7, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
The beauty of a given goal can be subjective, especially when the beholder hasn’t seen his or her team score in more than a week.
So, this tally isn’t really anything spectacular, but New Jersey Devils fans might treasure it. The team was shutout in back-to-back games this past weekend and had what was probably a welcomed layoff until Thursday, so the Devils’ last goal came on Oct. 29.
That is, until Eric Gelinas (or Adam Henrique, if there was a tip-in) found the net early in the first period against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight:
That broke a drought of 151 minutes and three seconds, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)