Nov 7, 2013, 1:49 AM EST
Adam Pardy had a difficult night.
Not only did his Winnipeg Jets lose, but he had his helmet taken by a fan after the defenseman was hit through the glass in the third period of Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center.
Brandon Bollig caught Pardy with the big hit, dislodging the glass in the corner. As a scrum ensued, Pardy’s helmet was removed from his head by a fan, who put it on his own melon.
“Was it one of the fans? I couldn’t tell. They’re into it. That’s a good thing, I guess,” Pardy said, as per a tweet from Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
“I don’t know what happened to my stick either. That got lost in the crowd too. A little insult to injury there.”
Not only was Pardy’s helmet taken, but beer dumped on him as well.
“It was tough enough to get put through the glass but then to get a beer thrown on my head, too, was not a good thing,” Pardy said, as per Kuc.
“I definitely smelled a little booze for about six minutes.”
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 53
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)