Nov 7, 2013, 1:49 AM EDT
Adam Pardy had a difficult night.
Not only did his Winnipeg Jets lose, but he had his helmet taken by a fan after the defenseman was hit through the glass in the third period of Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center.
Brandon Bollig caught Pardy with the big hit, dislodging the glass in the corner. As a scrum ensued, Pardy’s helmet was removed from his head by a fan, who put it on his own melon.
“Was it one of the fans? I couldn’t tell. They’re into it. That’s a good thing, I guess,” Pardy said, as per a tweet from Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
“I don’t know what happened to my stick either. That got lost in the crowd too. A little insult to injury there.”
Not only was Pardy’s helmet taken, but beer dumped on him as well.
“It was tough enough to get put through the glass but then to get a beer thrown on my head, too, was not a good thing,” Pardy said, as per Kuc.
“I definitely smelled a little booze for about six minutes.”
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 55
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)