Nov 7, 2013, 1:49 AM EST
Adam Pardy had a difficult night.
Not only did his Winnipeg Jets lose, but he had his helmet taken by a fan after the defenseman was hit through the glass in the third period of Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center.
Brandon Bollig caught Pardy with the big hit, dislodging the glass in the corner. As a scrum ensued, Pardy’s helmet was removed from his head by a fan, who put it on his own melon.
“Was it one of the fans? I couldn’t tell. They’re into it. That’s a good thing, I guess,” Pardy said, as per a tweet from Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
“I don’t know what happened to my stick either. That got lost in the crowd too. A little insult to injury there.”
Not only was Pardy’s helmet taken, but beer dumped on him as well.
“It was tough enough to get put through the glass but then to get a beer thrown on my head, too, was not a good thing,” Pardy said, as per Kuc.
“I definitely smelled a little booze for about six minutes.”
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)