Nov 7, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward Jamie McGinn won’t receive supplemental discipline for his check on Seth Jones (according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post), which incensed Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz among others:
Jones, 19, returned to action on Wednesday night, which might have factored into the lack of punishment.
McGinn, 25, returned to action on Nov. 6 after sititng out games after Oct. 25. He started off the season hot, but now his numbers are just solid, with six points in 11 contests.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32