Nov 7, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward Jamie McGinn won’t receive supplemental discipline for his check on Seth Jones (according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post), which incensed Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz among others:
Jones, 19, returned to action on Wednesday night, which might have factored into the lack of punishment.
McGinn, 25, returned to action on Nov. 6 after sititng out games after Oct. 25. He started off the season hot, but now his numbers are just solid, with six points in 11 contests.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25