Nov 7, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Onlookers essentially described Thursday’s Devils – Flyers game as whatever is the opposite of a clash of the titans, but New Jersey left Philly fuming with a 3-0 drubbing. This prompted a “long meeting” for the Flyers after the game, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
This post will be updated with details if they come, but the lack of details says something, too:
Flyers say Giroux left. Wont talk tonite
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 8, 2013
If you’re on “Claude Giroux goal watch,” the number obviously remains at zero. He’s been unable to find the net on 31 shots on goal in 15 games and now has a -11 rating. Simple stats can sometimes miss the total story, yet there’s little doubt that times are rough for Giroux … and his team.
The Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli notes that Flyers fans even booed when the team took a timeout … so yeah, things are bad.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)