Nov 7, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Onlookers essentially described Thursday’s Devils – Flyers game as whatever is the opposite of a clash of the titans, but New Jersey left Philly fuming with a 3-0 drubbing. This prompted a “long meeting” for the Flyers after the game, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
This post will be updated with details if they come, but the lack of details says something, too:
Flyers say Giroux left. Wont talk tonite
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 8, 2013
If you’re on “Claude Giroux goal watch,” the number obviously remains at zero. He’s been unable to find the net on 31 shots on goal in 15 games and now has a -11 rating. Simple stats can sometimes miss the total story, yet there’s little doubt that times are rough for Giroux … and his team.
The Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli notes that Flyers fans even booed when the team took a timeout … so yeah, things are bad.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)