Nov 7, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Onlookers essentially described Thursday’s Devils – Flyers game as whatever is the opposite of a clash of the titans, but New Jersey left Philly fuming with a 3-0 drubbing. This prompted a “long meeting” for the Flyers after the game, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
This post will be updated with details if they come, but the lack of details says something, too:
Flyers say Giroux left. Wont talk tonite
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 8, 2013
If you’re on “Claude Giroux goal watch,” the number obviously remains at zero. He’s been unable to find the net on 31 shots on goal in 15 games and now has a -11 rating. Simple stats can sometimes miss the total story, yet there’s little doubt that times are rough for Giroux … and his team.
The Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli notes that Flyers fans even booed when the team took a timeout … so yeah, things are bad.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)