Nov 7, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
Onlookers essentially described Thursday’s Devils – Flyers game as whatever is the opposite of a clash of the titans, but New Jersey left Philly fuming with a 3-0 drubbing. This prompted a “long meeting” for the Flyers after the game, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
This post will be updated with details if they come, but the lack of details says something, too:
Flyers say Giroux left. Wont talk tonite
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 8, 2013
If you’re on “Claude Giroux goal watch,” the number obviously remains at zero. He’s been unable to find the net on 31 shots on goal in 15 games and now has a -11 rating. Simple stats can sometimes miss the total story, yet there’s little doubt that times are rough for Giroux … and his team.
The Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli notes that Flyers fans even booed when the team took a timeout … so yeah, things are bad.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)