Nov 7, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
Onlookers essentially described Thursday’s Devils – Flyers game as whatever is the opposite of a clash of the titans, but New Jersey left Philly fuming with a 3-0 drubbing. This prompted a “long meeting” for the Flyers after the game, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
This post will be updated with details if they come, but the lack of details says something, too:
Flyers say Giroux left. Wont talk tonite
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 8, 2013
If you’re on “Claude Giroux goal watch,” the number obviously remains at zero. He’s been unable to find the net on 31 shots on goal in 15 games and now has a -11 rating. Simple stats can sometimes miss the total story, yet there’s little doubt that times are rough for Giroux … and his team.
The Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli notes that Flyers fans even booed when the team took a timeout … so yeah, things are bad.
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 12
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 6
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 36
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)