Nov 7, 2013, 9:06 PM EST
(It wasn’t laid out in these terms, but you can bet the team will label it an upper-body injury.)
Tyutin received a two-minute elbowing penalty for the hit.
Pyatt, 32, has a history of head injuries. He’s had two issues that were openly labeled as concussions (one in 2008, the other in 2003) and also suffered from vaguely labeled upper-body issues.
No word on how serious his injury must be. The Rangers already have serious problems in the head injury area with Rick Nash. Obviously, Pyatt isn’t anywhere near as significant to New York, yet it’s still a concern.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)