Nov 7, 2013, 9:06 PM EST
(It wasn’t laid out in these terms, but you can bet the team will label it an upper-body injury.)
Tyutin received a two-minute elbowing penalty for the hit.
Pyatt, 32, has a history of head injuries. He’s had two issues that were openly labeled as concussions (one in 2008, the other in 2003) and also suffered from vaguely labeled upper-body issues.
No word on how serious his injury must be. The Rangers already have serious problems in the head injury area with Rick Nash. Obviously, Pyatt isn’t anywhere near as significant to New York, yet it’s still a concern.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15