Nov 7, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT
(It wasn’t laid out in these terms, but you can bet the team will label it an upper-body injury.)
Tyutin received a two-minute elbowing penalty for the hit.
Pyatt, 32, has a history of head injuries. He’s had two issues that were openly labeled as concussions (one in 2008, the other in 2003) and also suffered from vaguely labeled upper-body issues.
No word on how serious his injury must be. The Rangers already have serious problems in the head injury area with Rick Nash. Obviously, Pyatt isn’t anywhere near as significant to New York, yet it’s still a concern.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)