Nov 7, 2013, 9:06 PM EST
(It wasn’t laid out in these terms, but you can bet the team will label it an upper-body injury.)
Tyutin received a two-minute elbowing penalty for the hit.
Pyatt, 32, has a history of head injuries. He’s had two issues that were openly labeled as concussions (one in 2008, the other in 2003) and also suffered from vaguely labeled upper-body issues.
No word on how serious his injury must be. The Rangers already have serious problems in the head injury area with Rick Nash. Obviously, Pyatt isn’t anywhere near as significant to New York, yet it’s still a concern.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11