Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche battled back against the Nashville Predators, but ultimately had their six-game winning streak snapped Wednesday evening.
The Avalanche fell behind by a pair of goals in the second period, but got back on even terms in the third, thanks to Matt Duchene‘s 10th goal of the season.
That was before Colin Wilson potted his second goal of the night following a soft P.A. Parenteau giveaway near the Colorado blue line.
Wilson finished the night with four points. The Predators came away with a wild 6-4 victory.
A win for the Avalanche would’ve given them a franchise best 13-1 record to begin the season, as per The Denver Post. Although that milestone didn’t seem to be in the minds of any of the Avalanche players or coaches.
“I always go back to one day at a time,” Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy said earlier in the day, according to The Denver Post.
“What we can control is what we do tonight and I think we need to stay in the present world, prepare ourselves and make sure we focus when we get to the rink.”
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)