Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche battled back against the Nashville Predators, but ultimately had their six-game winning streak snapped Wednesday evening.
The Avalanche fell behind by a pair of goals in the second period, but got back on even terms in the third, thanks to Matt Duchene‘s 10th goal of the season.
That was before Colin Wilson potted his second goal of the night following a soft P.A. Parenteau giveaway near the Colorado blue line.
Wilson finished the night with four points. The Predators came away with a wild 6-4 victory.
A win for the Avalanche would’ve given them a franchise best 13-1 record to begin the season, as per The Denver Post. Although that milestone didn’t seem to be in the minds of any of the Avalanche players or coaches.
“I always go back to one day at a time,” Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy said earlier in the day, according to The Denver Post.
“What we can control is what we do tonight and I think we need to stay in the present world, prepare ourselves and make sure we focus when we get to the rink.”
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)