Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche battled back against the Nashville Predators, but ultimately had their six-game winning streak snapped Wednesday evening.
The Avalanche fell behind by a pair of goals in the second period, but got back on even terms in the third, thanks to Matt Duchene‘s 10th goal of the season.
That was before Colin Wilson potted his second goal of the night following a soft P.A. Parenteau giveaway near the Colorado blue line.
Wilson finished the night with four points. The Predators came away with a wild 6-4 victory.
A win for the Avalanche would’ve given them a franchise best 13-1 record to begin the season, as per The Denver Post. Although that milestone didn’t seem to be in the minds of any of the Avalanche players or coaches.
“I always go back to one day at a time,” Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy said earlier in the day, according to The Denver Post.
“What we can control is what we do tonight and I think we need to stay in the present world, prepare ourselves and make sure we focus when we get to the rink.”
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)