Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche battled back against the Nashville Predators, but ultimately had their six-game winning streak snapped Wednesday evening.
The Avalanche fell behind by a pair of goals in the second period, but got back on even terms in the third, thanks to Matt Duchene‘s 10th goal of the season.
That was before Colin Wilson potted his second goal of the night following a soft P.A. Parenteau giveaway near the Colorado blue line.
Wilson finished the night with four points. The Predators came away with a wild 6-4 victory.
A win for the Avalanche would’ve given them a franchise best 13-1 record to begin the season, as per The Denver Post. Although that milestone didn’t seem to be in the minds of any of the Avalanche players or coaches.
“I always go back to one day at a time,” Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy said earlier in the day, according to The Denver Post.
“What we can control is what we do tonight and I think we need to stay in the present world, prepare ourselves and make sure we focus when we get to the rink.”
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 9
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 11
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 7
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)