Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche battled back against the Nashville Predators, but ultimately had their six-game winning streak snapped Wednesday evening.
The Avalanche fell behind by a pair of goals in the second period, but got back on even terms in the third, thanks to Matt Duchene‘s 10th goal of the season.
That was before Colin Wilson potted his second goal of the night following a soft P.A. Parenteau giveaway near the Colorado blue line.
Wilson finished the night with four points. The Predators came away with a wild 6-4 victory.
A win for the Avalanche would’ve given them a franchise best 13-1 record to begin the season, as per The Denver Post. Although that milestone didn’t seem to be in the minds of any of the Avalanche players or coaches.
“I always go back to one day at a time,” Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy said earlier in the day, according to The Denver Post.
“What we can control is what we do tonight and I think we need to stay in the present world, prepare ourselves and make sure we focus when we get to the rink.”
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 6
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 39
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 20
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 23
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 130
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)