Nov 7, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Jody Shelley feels he owes his NHL career to his willingness to fight. (Canadian Press)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Thursday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
Detroit Red Wings forward Jonathan Ericsson thinks he’ll be ready to return on Nov. 15. That’s the first game he’s eligible to play in after being placed on the long-term injured reserve list. (Detroit Free Press)
David Clarkson‘s upcoming game against the Devils on Friday has been on his mind. It will be his first contest against his former club since he signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs over the summer. (The Star-Ledger)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5