Nov 7, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Jody Shelley feels he owes his NHL career to his willingness to fight. (Canadian Press)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Thursday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
Detroit Red Wings forward Jonathan Ericsson thinks he’ll be ready to return on Nov. 15. That’s the first game he’s eligible to play in after being placed on the long-term injured reserve list. (Detroit Free Press)
David Clarkson‘s upcoming game against the Devils on Friday has been on his mind. It will be his first contest against his former club since he signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs over the summer. (The Star-Ledger)
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18